Last Update : January 2023
If you disagree with any term provided herein, you may not use the service.
Please note: you are not obligated by law to provide us with any information. You hereby acknowledge, warrant and agree that any information you do provide us is provided of your own free will and consent, for the purposes and uses described herein.
1. Information we may collect
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users when using the Service.
The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-Personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from which we have collected only the Non-Personal Information. Non-Personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information and behavioural data regarding the activity of the User on the Service, operation system and browser, type of mobile device, and operating system version and settings, User’s screen resolution, duration of usage of the Service, User’s ‘clickstream’ on the Site, keyboard language, etc.
2. How we collect information on our users
We are using two main methods:
- Use of the Service. We collect Non-Personal and Personal Information when you access or use the Service. In other words, we are aware of your usage of the Service and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage. We also collect Non-Personal and Personal Information derived from information we receive from third party services and providers we work with (described here after).
- Voluntarily Provided. We may collect Personal Information which you voluntarily provide when you use the Service.
3. How we use your information
Your information is collected for the following purposes:
- to provide you with and to operate the Service, including for statistical and research purposes and creation of aggregated anonymous data;
- to personalize the Service and content provided to you, to customize your experience with the Services, to suggest you with transport recommendations based on your preferences and to enable you to retrieve your information;
- to develop, improve and customize the Service, the experience of other users and the offering available through the Service;
- to be able to contact Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance, support, handle requests and complaints and collect feedback in connection with performance of the Services;
- to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Service ;
- to be able to reply to User online queries in connection with performance of the Services;
- for customization and improvement of the Service’s accuracy and interface;
- to use such information for Jeasy’s commercial purposes;
- to display or send to you marketing and advertising material when you are using the Service, including in accordance with the section titled ‘Direct Marketing’ herein and
- to comply with any governmental agencies’ legal requests or court orders, and/or with any applicable law, rule or regulation. Any statistical, aggregated or anonymous data may be used by us at our discretion for any purpose.
4. Sharing information with Third Parties
Jeasy will not share any Personal Information it collects with any third party, except in the following cases:
- to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, subpoena or governmental request;
- to communicate with its Users regarding ours service;
- to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- to respond to User’s support requests;
- to respond to claims that any content available on Jeasy’s Service violates the rights of third parties;
- to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment; (viii) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Jeasy, its Users, or the general public;
- when Jeasy is undergoing any change in control, including by means of merger, acquisition or purchase of all or substantially all of its assets; this also includes any due diligence which would be part of such process.
- to collect, hold and/or manage your Personal Information through Jeasy’s authorized third party service providers, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in a country other than the country of your residency or location, that may not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, as listed below;
- pursuant to your explicit approval prior to the disclosure;
- cooperate with third parties for the purposes of adding operational features to the Service, enhancing and personalizing the User’s experience, monetization and commercialization;
- to authorized third party service providers solely for the purpose of providing you with the Service.
- to enable the exchange of Jeasy EcoMiles against rewards offered by third parties.
For avoidance of doubt, Jeasy may transfer and disclose or otherwise use Non-Personal Information or information which is linked to anonymous random identifiers or information that is aggregated in a non-identifiable way, at its own discretion.
5. Deletion or Modification of personal information
If for any reason you wish to modify or delete your Personal Information please contact us at: email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to modify, anonymize or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
6. Third Party Software/Services
While using the Service we may be using third party software and/or service for various needs, inter alia, in order to collect and/or process the information detailed herein (the “Third Party Service Provider”).
Note that these are independent software and/or service providers and Jeasy does not take any liability about the information collection policies of these providers, or about any kind of issue, legal or otherwise, relating thereto.
Third Party Service Provider’s includes the following:
Jeasy may also provide additional transit-related services, including on-demand transit services, provided by its third party operational service partners (as they may evolve from time to time at Jeasy’s discretion). Such third party providers’ services include (non exhaustive list)
- Blue Bike
- De Lijn
To make the Site work properly, when you visit or access our Site we use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” (or similar technologies) in order to improve your user experience by enabling us to ‘remember’ you, either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (using a ‘persistent cookie’).
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our Site, therefore, your online experience may be limited.
8. Direct Marketing
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details for the purpose of informing you regarding our products and Service, which may interest you, and to send to you other marketing material, transmitted to the email address or to the mobile device.
You may withdraw your consent by contacting us at: form. We may also permit, solicit or contract certain authorized partners of Jeasy to conduct advertising campaigns on the Services. In addition, Jeasy may display advertisements via the Service.
Such advertisements that you see when accessing the Service may be targeted on the basis of your geographic location and language. It is clarified that Jeasy is not responsible for the content of said advertisements and the products delivered or services rendered thereby by third parties and you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we shall not be held responsible or liable in connection thereof.
Jeasy takes great care in implementing and maintaining the security of our Service and our User’s Personal Information. Jeasy employs industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of its Users’ Personal Information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. We cannot, however, guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
10. Data Storage Location
The Information that we collect from you is stored in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (for instance in the United States) and may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area. By submitting information via the App, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
11. Under 13 year old
We may send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us by push notification and/or by email (if provided), and we or the operating system will always give you the option to opt-out of receiving further notifications or emails.
14. Contacting us
Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this privacy and cookies policy or any requests concerning your personal data by form.
By contacting Jeasy you warrant and agree that you are free to do so, and that you do not provide Jeasy with information which violates any third party intellectual rights. Without degrading from the aforesaid, all rights, including intellectual property, arising from your communication with us will be owned by Jeasy and will be considered as Jeasy’s confidential material.
It is clarified that any use of the information you are providing us will be done in Jeasy’s sole discretion, and Jeasy is not obligated to use all or part of such information.